Monday 28 May 2012

Allotment Time

With the switch in the weather we've been going to the allotment every day, if only to give the plants a drink. We're getting into a bit of a routine and Kit has figured out how to go and fill his little watering can by himself (and I can see him from my plot) so he can water the weeds easily while I work on other bits. He's even figured out what to do if he accidentally waters his feet instead of the ground.


My mum had grown me some lavender and rosemary so I have some more pots around my shed. My pots are fairing a lot better than anything I'm putting in the ground. We're clearing some ground to get the beans planted out this week so hopefully they will florish amongst the weeds that Kit is tending to so dearly.



Our success stories so far are the mass of rhubarb, and lots of gooseberries growing, and lots and lots of strawberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...