Wednesday 9 November 2011

Felt Christmas Decorations

I love Christmas. I want Kit to love Christmas too. But I want him to love it for the lights and the sparkle, not for the presents! I think Christmas should be an attack on the senses.

I know it is early, but I want to make a lot before Christmas, I want a truely handmade Christmas in my flat (and possibly with some handmade gifts to others too), so Christmas is officially underway here. I bought a wire Christmas tree from Ikea (if I can't have a real tree I don't want a plastic one), now I just need some bits to hang on it.

First Christmas decorations...


I want to make a lot of the decorations with Kit as well. I'm hoping that we can make lots of decorations that we can bring out every year, and that Kit can make new things each year.

4 comments:

  1. The little bird is really sweet. I might give it a go. It's a lovely idea to get Kit involved. What things can Kit help with? I never thought of sewing with Sun because of the needles but I'd love him to able to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! I'm hoping to make some felt decorations too. Have fun with the rest of the crafting! Salt dough decorations are good to make with little ones, lots of stages to making them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I didn't make these ones with Kit, but you could easily make them by glueing rather than stitching. I've got lots of scribbling and sticking plans to do with Kit, hopefully we'll get some stuff done over the weekend to post next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get some felt decoration kits from hobbycraft if you looking for ideas! Our kids loved making them last year! I've just made some decoration for my kids and all the cousins - should be on the blog by the end of the week! so easy and cute!
    Love the robin by the way!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...