Saturday 3 September 2011

Hayes (Kent) Horticultural Society

Today we went to the Hayes Horticultural Society show.


I'm still on a mission to engage with my local area, and I'm a sucker for fruit, veg and home-baked cakes! The society put on four shows a year so we might have to pop by for their next one in November. I loved that they had a junior section, including a competition for a vehicle made out of recycling. They also had a photography competition for photos of pillarboxes!


If nothing else it was a very cheap trip out for tea and cake (50p an item). The pear and ginger cake was so delicious that I forgot to photograph it before I ate it! Even Elmo enjoyed some tea - actually it was water - the lovely ladies serving tea and cake (from a basket -how cool is that!) got Kit some water in a teacup to go with his cake.


We popped to Hayes Street Farm to pick up some strawberries on the way home too. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a fab day out. A good way to get involved with the local community aswell!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...